Join Us

Join our team – why? You simply take great images – we do the rest! You could earn upto 50% commission of sales levels. We do some of the marketing for you and provide some leads – you just take the photographs.

We provide excellent training.

We manage the postproduction and gallery sales.

It can provide extra income AND fit in with your current lifestyle.

PLUS if you decide that moving into your own independent business is what you want to do we can still provide support and assistance.

We have lots of Mums who have joined, trained with us and after their minimum contract (8 months) feel that they have the confidence, experience and ability to strike out on their own.

It’s a great way to have that safety net, experience and training before moving on to your own business.



Q: I don’t have any formal training – can I do this? Yes, we have successfully trained lots of people to take great pictures.  You will need a friendly personality and a keen enthusiasm for photography though.  An ability to promote yourself and your photography is recommended too! Our minimum age for our team of photographers is 18.

Q: What camera do I need? You will need a DSLR with a minimum of 12MP and a 50mm lens.  You will also need to provide an uptodate DBS check.

Q:  I have lots of contacts – can I use them rather than you giving me shoots? Yes, of course, we pay additional bonuses if you have found the work yourself, but we try to source work for you as well.

Q:  I already have a website and do some family photography – can I become part of your team? YES! We are now able to welcome small independent professional photographers!  We offer an extra income stream for your business by providing a licence opportunity to work with Blue Hedgehog Photography all over the UK.

Q:  How much does it cost? As a Blue Hedgehog Photographer our training is £99 – you simply purchase our online course, this is to be worked through over a maximum of four weeks with additional information coming to you week by week.  Of course you can talk to us first simply use our contact page and we can run through more things with you. As a licencee you will need to contact us  for details on our licence opportunities.

Q:  Will I need a DBS check (the old CRB)? We feel that this adds to your service and reassures parents if you have one.  We do not recommend any one company and you can find plenty on the internet who can do them for you such as this one :  OR if you already volunteer at your child’s school that you have an up to date DBS check from there.